- STATE OVERVIEW
Oregon is 13th this year
It was 8th in 2011
- 16 Outcomes Rank
- 12 Determinants Rank
- 13 Overall Rank
- 19 Diabetes Rank
- 18 Smoking Rank
- 20 Obesity Rank
- Percentage of the population estimated to be obese, with a body mass index (BMI) of 30.0 or higher.
- Percentage of the population estimated to be obese, with a body mass index (BMI) of 30.0 or higher. (2011 BRFSS Methodology)
- Low prevalence of low birthweight & low infant mortality rate
- Low prevalence of sedentary lifestyle
- Low rate of preventable hospitalizations
- High rate of uninsured population
- Low immunization coverage
- Low per capita public health funding
- Almost 600,000 adults, or 19.7 percent of the adult population, smoke in Oregon.
- In the past five years, the high school graduation rate increased from 74.2 percent to 76.5 percent of incoming ninth graders who graduate in four years.
- In the past five years, the infant mortality rate declined from 5.9 to 5.0 deaths per 1,000 live births.
- In the past ten years, the rate of preventable hospitalizations decreased 20 percent from 53.6 to 42.9 discharges per 1,000 Medicare enrollees.
- Last year, 16.8 percent of the population was uninsured; this year it is 14.9 percent.
- While Oregon’s sedentary lifestyle rate is one of the lowest in the U.S., there are still almost 600,000 sedentary adults in the state.
- In Oregon, sedentary lifestyle is more prevalent among Hispanics at 21.3 percent than non-Hispanic whites at 17.3 percent.
State Health Department Web Site: http://public.health.oregon.gov/
|Cholesterol Check||36||72.6||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Dental Visit, Annual||23||70.4||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Physical Activity||4||80.3||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Teen Birth Rate||16||28.2||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Youth Obesity||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Youth Smoking||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Cardiac Heart Disease||8||3.6||VIEW ACTIONS|
|High Cholesterol||26||38.5||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Heart Attack||9||3.6||VIEW ACTIONS|
|High Blood Pressure||17||29.9||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Preterm Birth||6||9.9||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Personal Income, Per Capita||32||37909||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Unemployment Rate, Annual||35||9.4||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Underemployment Rate||41||17.5||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Income Disparity||22||0.4586||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Health Status||30||17.6||VIEW ACTIONS|
We can all work together to improve our nation’s health. Here are a few websites, articles and tools to help you get started.
Create the report you need with this innovative new tool. Customize by year, state and other categories to access info that’s most important to you.
Please take a moment to subscribe to our monthly newsletter for updates and information about the health of our nation.