- STATE OVERVIEW
Wyoming is 23rd this year
It was 21st in 2011
- 22 Outcomes Rank
- 21 Determinants Rank
- 23 Overall Rank
- 8 Diabetes Rank
- 36 Smoking Rank
- 12 Obesity Rank
- Percentage of the population estimated to be obese, with a body mass index (BMI) of 30.0 or higher.
- Percentage of the population estimated to be obese, with a body mass index (BMI) of 30.0 or higher. (2011 BRFSS Methodology)
- Low incidence of infectious disease
- Low levels of air pollution
- Low percentage of children in poverty
- High prevalence of low birthweight
- Limited availability of primary care physicians
- Low immunization coverage
- In the past five years, the occupational fatalities rate decreased 56 percent from 16.4 to 7.2 deaths per 100,000 workers; it has declined steadily in the past six years.
- In the past ten years, the rate of preventable hospitalizations declined from 72.3 to 58.2 discharges per 1,000 Medicare enrollees.
- In the past year, immunization coverage decreased from 90.7 percent to 82.5 percent of children ages 19 to 35 months.
- Last year, the incidence of infectious disease was 4.8 cases per 100,000 population; this year it is 4.1.
- Smoking remains high at 23.0 percent of the adult population, with 100,000 adults who smoke in Wyoming.
- The infant mortality rate declined in the past year from 7.2 to 6.5 deaths per 1,000 live births.
- In Wyoming, obesity is more prevalent among non-Hispanic Native Americans at 40.9 percent than non-Hispanic whites at 24.6 percent; and smoking is more prevalent among non-Hispanic Native Americans at 50.6 percent than non-Hispanic whites at 18.6 percent and Hispanics at 24.2 percent.
State Health Department Web Site: http://www.health.wyo.gov
|Cholesterol Check||43||70.5||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Dental Visit, Annual||31||69||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Physical Activity||22||74.5||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Teen Birth Rate||36||39||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Youth Obesity||15||11.1||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Youth Smoking||39||22||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Cardiac Heart Disease||8||3.6||VIEW ACTIONS|
|High Cholesterol||10||35.8||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Heart Attack||31||4.5||VIEW ACTIONS|
|High Blood Pressure||7||28.6||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Preterm Birth||18||11||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Personal Income, Per Capita||6||47301||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Unemployment Rate, Annual||7||5.9||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Underemployment Rate||4||10.6||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Income Disparity||1||0.4081||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Health Status||17||15.4||VIEW ACTIONS|
We can all work together to improve our nation’s health. Here are a few websites, articles and tools to help you get started.
Create the report you need with this innovative new tool. Customize by year, state and other categories to access info that’s most important to you.
Please take a moment to subscribe to our monthly newsletter for updates and information about the health of our nation.