- STATE OVERVIEW
Wyoming is 21st this year
It was 19th in 2010
- 23 Outcomes Rank
- 19 Determinants Rank
- 21 Overall Rank
- 9 Diabetes Rank
- 35 Smoking Rank
- 17 Obesity Rank
- Percentage of the population estimated to be obese, with a body mass index (BMI) of 30.0 or higher.
- Percentage of the population estimated to be obese, with a body mass index (BMI) of 30.0 or higher. (2011 BRFSS Methodology)
- Low incidence of infectious disease
- Low levels of air pollution
- Low percentage of children in poverty
- Low violent crime rate
- High occupational fatalities rate
- Limited availability of primary care physicians
- In the past five years, the rate of uninsured population increased from 13.8 percent to 16.3 percent.
- In the past ten years, diabetes increased from 5.0 percent to 7.2 percent of adults. Now 39,000 Wyoming adults have diabetes.
- In the past ten years, obesity increased from 18.0 percent to 25.7 percent of adults, with 141,000 obese adults in the state.
- In the past year, geographic disparity within the state increased from 9.3 percent to 11.1 percent.
- In the past year, the violent crime rate decreased from 228 to 196 offenses per 100,000 population.
- While smoking decreased from 23.8 percent to 19.5 percent of adults in the last ten years, 107,000 adults still smoke in Wyoming.
- In Wyoming, smoking is more prevalent among non-Hispanic American Indians at 49.1 percent than non-Hispanic whites at 18.5 percent and Hispanics at 24.5 percent. Similarly, obesity is highest among non-Hispanic American Indians at 42.4 percent when compared to non-Hispanic whites at 24.6 percent and Hispanics at 32.0 percent.
State Health Department Web Site: http://www.health.wyo.gov
|Physical Activity||17||77.8||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Teen Birth Rate||36||49.2||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Cholesterol Check||32||75.4||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Dental Visit, Annual||31||69||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Diet, Fruit & Vegetables||25||23.3||VIEW ACTIONS|
|High Blood Pressure||7||26.1||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Heart Attack||27||4.3||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Cardiac Heart Disease||16||3.9||VIEW ACTIONS|
|High Cholesterol||17||36.8||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Low Birthweight||28||8.3||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Preterm Birth||19||10.8||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Personal Income, Per Capita||6||44861||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Unemployment Rate, August||6||5.8||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Unemployment Rate, Annual||9||7||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Underemployment Rate||5||11.5||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Income Disparity||3||0.423||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Median Household Income||17||53847||VIEW ACTIONS|
|Health Status||12||12.4||VIEW ACTIONS|
We can all work together to improve our nation’s health. Here are a few websites, articles and tools to help you get started.
Create the report you need with this innovative new tool. Customize by year, state and other categories to access info that’s most important to you.
Please take a moment to subscribe to our monthly newsletter for updates and information about the health of our nation.