IntroductionThe Health of Tomorrow’s SeniorsFindingsTop and Bottom StatesChange in RankFuture PerspectiveCore MeasuresBehaviorsCommunity & Environment: MacroPolicyClinical CareOutcomesSupplemental MeasuresState SummariesAlabamaAlaskaArkansasArizonaCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingDistrict of ColumbiaAppendixDescription of Core MeasuresDescription of Supplemental MeasuresMethodology2016 Model Development2016 Senior Health Advisory GroupThe TeamExecutive SummaryConclusionAmerica’s Health Rankings® Expansion
America’s Health Rankings® Senior Report—2016 Edition is funded entirely by United Health Foundation, a recognized 501(c)(3) organization.
Data contained within this document was obtained from and used with permission of:
- US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
- National Center for Health Statistics
- Administration on Aging, State Program Reports
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Nursing Home Compare
- US Department of Commerce
- US Census Bureau
- American Community Survey
- US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- American Geriatrics Society
- Brown University, Shaping Long Term Care in America Project
- The Dartmouth Atlas of Health Care
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, Kaiser State Health Facts
- Improving Healthcare for the Common Good
- National Foundation to End Senior Hunger, The State of Senior Hunger in America 2013: An Annual Report
- Woods & Poole 
United Health Foundation encourages the distribution of information contained in this publication for non-commercial and charitable, educational, or scientific purposes. Please acknowledge America’s Health Rankings® Senior Report as the source and provide the following notice: ©2016 United Health Foundation. All Rights Reserved. Please acknowledge the original source of specific data as cited.
Arundel Metrics, Inc. of Saint Paul, Minnesota, conducted this project for and in cooperation with United Health Foundation.
Design by Aldrich Design, Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Questions and comments on the report should be directed to United Health Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright ©2016 United Health Foundation
 Senior population growth data are from Woods & Poole Economics, Inc., Washington, DC. Copyright 2015. Woods & Poole does not guarantee the accuracy of these data. The use of these data and the conclusion drawn from them are solely the responsibility of Arundel Metrics, Inc.